The Outreach Ministry of Prince of Peace Catholic Community supports agencies, programs and faith community involvement with funding and services, which assist families and individuals who do not have the basic requirements in this world intended for all of us by God. We embark on this ministry in fulfillment of our parish mission "... using God's abundant gifts, we serve through worship, education and Christian service."
All are invited and welcome to attend Committee Meetings. Various projects are organized throughout the year for community involvement including; Lenten project, Baby Shower, Shoe Drive, Stuff the Bus, Yam Jam, Thanksgiving Food Drive, Christmas Angel Tree project, and many others. Volunteers,coordinators, and liaisons, always needed and welcomed.
For information please contact Susan Chamberlain at 972-517-8852
Outreach Giving Tree - located in the Atrium year-round, tags request various needs ranging from simple and inexpensive to more costly items and requests for volunteer assistance.
Volunteers are always needed to help with this project.
POP FOOD PANTRY
FOOD ITEMS NEEDED FOR FAMILY BAGS
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY
16oz BAG OF RICE
16oz JAR OF SPAGHETTI SAUCE
SPAGHETTI OR PASTA
CANNED TUNA, CHICKEN, OR ROAST BEEF
CANNED BEEF STEW OR CANNED CHILI
CEREAL - *LOW SUGAR CONTENT
18oz CANISTER OF OATMEAL
MACARONI & CHEESE
BOX OF SALTINE CRACKERS
TUNA HELPER/CHICKEN HELPER
POWDERED DRINK MIX
CHEESE & CRACKER PACKAGES
PLEASE BRING A BAG OF GROCERIES TO MASS WITH YOU THE FIRST WEEKEND OF EVERY MONTH. THESE GROCERIES HELP SUSTAIN MANY FAMILIES THROUGHOUT THE MONTH. THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT !
AGENCY SUPPORT/SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
A variety of volunteer projects are available throughout the year for individuals, families, youth (service hours), and groups to serve the needs of others. Contact the agency directly or the Prince of Peace Outreach liaison for more information.
AIDS Services of Dallas
800 N. Lancaster
Anne Nicol 214-886-8781 email@example.com
ASD is Texas' largest provider of medically supportive, affordable housing for indigent, low-income and homeless men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS. ASD operates four licensed facilities in Oak Cliff.
- Supper Clubs - groups needed to provide, prepare and serve a dinner once a month
- Lunch Buddies - help serve lunch weekdays from 11:30AM-1:00PM once weekly or monthly
- For Goodness Sake! - volunteers needed to staff this gift boutique at Northpark Center, proceeds benefit ASD
- Organize grooming or cleaning supply drives for residents
Assistance Center of Collin County
Marianna Thiebaud 972-398-3413 firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and referrals to social services, coordinated financial and material emergency assistance.
- Adult volunteers for office assistance, receptionist weekdays, and annual fundraiser event
Catholic Charities of Dallas
Elderly and Family Assistance Services
Mary Beth Callahan 972-306-4637 email@example.com
Nutritious meals, health screenings and recreation activities for seniors; Emergency assistance and food pantries; Thrift stores are open to the public.
Refugee and Empowerment Services
Dawn Sherbeyn 972-781-1825 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESL, GED and literacy classes; Vocational training and employment services; Settlement orientation services for refugees. Catholic Charities Sites
Brady Senior Services
537 South Hall Street
Dallas, TX. 75226
Telephone - 214-826-8330
Cross Family Center (Family Services)
4906 Bonnie View Road (at Ledbetter)
Dallas, TX. 75241
Telephone - 214-375-0133
Family Services Center
9461 LBJ Freeway, Suite 110
Dallas, TX. 75243
Telephone - 214-389-1340
Marillac Social Center
2827 Lapsley Street
Telephone - 214-638-4998
Catholic Charities Home Center
9461 LBJ Freeway, Suite 128
Dallas, TX. 75243
Telephone - 214-520-6590
World of Goods Donation Center
10675 E. Northwest Hwy., Suite 1650
Dallas, TX. 75238
CHC provides emergency clothing, food and household items to families referred through all the Catholic parishes in Dallas and assistance to clients referred through Migration and Refugee Services. The Resale shop serves as a resource for refugees and low-income families. New and used clothing, furniture, household items, and small appliances offered at no or minimal cost to the client.
Open Monday-Saturday from 10:00AM-6:00PM. Open most Holidays.
- Answer the phones and schedule donation pickups; assist clients; sort/tag inventory; office help
- Groups needed for donation drives-food; infant items; new pillows/blankets; assist with refugee apartment setup and mentoring to refugee and immigrant women enrolled in computer and life skills class
City House/My Friend's House
902 E. 16th Street
Telephone - 972-380-8076
Provides emergency shelter and crisis intervention for males and females up to 19 years of age.
- Groups or individuals needed to prepare an evening meal for 15-20 teens once a month (last Sunday of month needed)
- Donations of gift certificates for clothing and passes for activities (bowling, putt-putt, etc) are always needed
Collin County Children's Advocacy Center
2205 Los Rios Blvd.
Telephone - 972-735-2244
To reduce the traumatization of child abuse victims, CCCAC facilitates a comprehensive multi-disciplinary team approach to prevention, detection, intervention, prosecution, and treatment of child abuse.
- Administrative support, special events and projects (minimum age 17)
Frisco Family Services Center ( formerly Firsco's Furniture)
8780 Third Street
Telephone - 972-335-9495
Food Pantry program provides information and referral services, emergency rent, utility and medical assistance, food pantry and resale store. Minimum volunteer age 15
- Assist clients in food pantry; three hour shifts available M-Th 9AM-Noon; Noon-3PM; Wednesdays 3-6PM
- Assist at reception desk greeting clients
- Spanish speaking volunteers to help interpret for clients
- Help needed to sort, clean, price and organize donated goods at the Resale Store located at 9085 Dogwood; Hours: M-F 10AM-6PM; Sat. 9AM-5PM
- 2-4 people needed to clean up store Friday mornings
Habitat for Humanity of South Collin County
1400 Summit Ave., Ste. D4
Plano, TX 75074
Telephone - 972-398-0634 x104
A worldwide non-profit ecumenical faith-based housing ministry building simple, decent, and affordable housing. Works in partnership with qualified low-income working families, using donated funds and volunteer labor to construct new homes. No construction experience necessary.
- Home Construction - 1 day or several days - NO experience necessary
- ReStore - items and volunteers for our retail outlet
- Committee Participation - Volunteer, Family Support, etc
- Office Support - data entry, thank you notes, mailings, etc
Minnie's Food Pantry
3133 West Parker Rd.
Telephone - 972-596-0253
This food pantry provides weekly food to families and individuals including a large number of homeless.
- Youth groups and individuals to help sort, pack and distribute food
- Groups of 5 or more are needed and encouraged to schedule a work day
Missionaries of Charity
2704 Harlandale Avenue
Telephone - 972-965-8578
Founded by Mother Theresa, the Sisters care for the needs of young mothers and their children to ensure a safe start for new families. They distribute food for the needy and provide a Summer Camp program for neighborhood children.
- Year-round help needed from 8:30AM-11:30AM to box food donations to be distributed to needy families
- Help with Saturday afternoon CCD classes
Plano Children's Medical Center
1407 14th Street
Telephone - 972-516-1568
Deborah Serpas- email@example.com
Provides low-cost medical care for children in Collin County with no medical insurance and children receiving Medicaid and CHIP insurance
- Teens/Adults needed to read to children in waiting room weekdays 8:30AM-4:30PM
- Doctors and Nurses needed to provide free well care and acute care for children Wednesday and Thursday evenings
1725 N McDonald Street
Telephone - 972-378-3723
The only emergency shelter for the homeless population in Collin County.
- Administrative help-answer telephones, greet guests, general clerical and computer work
- Food Service-provide and serve prepared meals-breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- Sort and stock donations, provide general maintenance, coordinate Arts & Crafts projects for the children
- Special event "clean-up" days for groups and families
- Assist case managers as needed
St. Cecilia Catholic School
Telephone - 972-423-9016
Catholic parish elementary school serving community in West Davis Street area in Dallas.
- Teens, groups or adult volunteers needed to provide babysitting during evening adult meetings
- Mentors needed Saturday mornings
- Adults needed for Friday morning story-telling program
The Turning Point
Telephone - 214-797-5803
Provides 24-hour crisis intervention counseling to victims of sexual assault and their families and friends.
- Fund Raising/Special Projects - assists with fundraisers throughout the year (no training required)
- Crisis Advocate - staff 24-hour hotline providing emotional support and crisis intervention to survivors, family members and friends of sexual assault (requires 44 hours of training)
- Education Outreach Volunteers - provides sexual assault and sexual harassment programs to schools, churches, and businesses, etc. (20 hours of training required)
- Trial Mentor - provides support to survivors as they go through legal system; may accompany survivor to police station or to court (40 hours of training required)
White Rose Women's Center/St. Joseph's Helpers
4313 N. Central Expressway
Telephone - 972-398-3413
Dallas' only Catholic crisis pregnancy center offering alternatives to abortion, ongoing counseling, furnishes maternity clothes, baby clothes, and furniture; referrals for adoption
- Assistance needed one night/week to counsel women to choose life for their unborn child (8-week no cost training course required)
- Volunteers to assemble infant layettes and sort clothing donations
- Clerical and other volunteer opportunities available
ST. VINCENT DE PAUL CLOTHING DROP BOX
St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store Clothing Drop Boxes are located at Prince of Peace Catholic Community in the St. James parking lot; first parking space along Village Creek. Help us help others with your donations. Your donations are needed with easy accessibility!! All slightly used clothing, bedding and linen is accepted.
If you have items you wish to donate other than clothing, and you need to schedule a donation pick up, please contact SVdP Thrift Store directly at 214-373-SVdP(7837).
Please visit the SVdP website at http://www.svdpthrift.org
The thrift stores are located at 3052 NW Hwy., Dallas, TX. 75220 or at 3305 N. Central Expwy., Plano, TX., 75023.